By Bollywood Hungama News Network, Oct 26, 2020 – 15:52 hrs IST
Raveena Tandon, known as the ‘Mast Mast Girl’ of Bollywood, is celebrating her 46th birthday today, 26 October. While Raveena Tandon has made a lot of headlines for her acting in films, Raveena Tandon is also dominated by her personal life. Raveena had decided to become a mother at the age of just 21 and during this time she was not married. At the age of 21, Raveena adopted two daughters named Pooja and Chhaya. Raveena raised both the daughters by becoming a single mother. In 2004, Raveena married businessman and distributor Anil Thadani. Raveena and Anil have a daughter Rasha and a son Ranbirvardhan. Thus Raveena is the mother of three daughters and one son. We have brought for you some unheard facts about Raveena Tandon, who became a grandmother at the age of 46.
Unheard Facts about Raveena Tandon
1. Raveena had made up her mind to become an actress at the age of 15. But unlike other star kids, Raveena’s Bollywood launch did not happen with the film of her father Ravi Tandon, who was a well-known filmmaker of his time and who also gave many hits in the 70s. When Ravi Tandon got the opportunity to give work to his daughter in the film, he very politely backed down from it. Recalling this, Raveena said, “Me and Papa, both of us were very clear about it. I’ll make my own way. I got my first film Patthar Ke Phool on my own and not because of the recommendation of the family. Actually my father worked with almost half of the film industry but not with me.”
2. Raveena’s brother Rajiv was launched by his father Ravi Tandon in 1982 in the film Ek Main Aur Ek Tu. But the film did not work even though it was composed by RD Burman. Rajeev was cast opposite Rubina Kaur. Apart from this, did not hear about the acting of anyone else from the Tandon family.
Raveena used to shoot 4-5 films together
3. In the 1990s, when Raveena had a long line of films, Raveena used to shoot 4-5 films simultaneously. Recalling this moment, Raveena said, “I was so busy that I used to stay in and out of the studio throughout the day. There was no time for anything else. I also had no time for those things that girls my age normally used to do. I used to be in and out of the studio just to shoot.” After such a busy schedule, finally Raveena decided to cut her work. Which must have been a relief for the actresses of her generation.
Favorite Dancing Partner Govinda
4. Raveena’s two songs were the most popular and they are the songs of the film Mohra- ‘Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast Mast’ and ‘Tip Tip Barsa Paani’. Both these songs are incidentally from Akshay Kumar’s film. On this Raveena says, “I love singing and dancing. My favorite singing and dancing partner was Govinda. We gave many hit dance numbers together like ‘Kisi disco mein jaye’ and ‘Ankhiyon se goli mare’. A myth spread by the marketing machinery was that Govinda found Karishma to be his best dancing partner. But this is not true . Govinda himself told me that he enjoyed dancing with Raveena the most.
5. Sanjay Dutt is one of Raveena’s best friends in Bollywood. They did several films together in the 1990s, none of them memorable. Then after many years when Ram Gopal Varma wanted to cast Sanjay Dutt and Raveena again in the film Department, Sanjay Dutt said that he wanted a younger actress.
Coming to Raveena’s work front, she will soon be seen in KGF Chapter 2. She will be seen in the role of Ramika Sen in this film.