By Subhash K Jha, Nov 2, 2020 – 16:19 hrs IST
Shahrukh Khan, the king of Bollywood, is celebrating his 55th birthday today on November 2. There are many things related to the life of Shahrukh Khan, who achieved the status of superstar on his own in the film world, which hardly anyone would know. Here on Bollywood Hungama, we are telling you 7 such facts related to Shahrukh Khan that probably anyone would know.
Unheard facts about Shahrukh Khan
1. Deewana, the first film of Shahrukh’s film career, was actually going to be done by Armaan Khan Kohli, son of veteran filmmaker Raj Kumar Kohli. Armaan Kohli had also completed a schedule of the film but then left the film midway after a rift with Deewana director Raj Kanwar. After which the makers had to give a chance to a newcomer Shahrukh in their film and the film proved to be a super hit.
2. Shah Rukh’s Pathan character in Kamal Haasan’s Hey Ram was inspired by Gabbar Singh Amjad Khan of Sholay. Kamal Haasan and Amjad Khan were very close to each other. Shahrukh did not even take a single rupee for doing this film. In this regard, Shahrukh told me that, “You do not need money to work with an actor like Kamal Haasan, but it is good luck.”
Shahrukh-Aamir pair could not be made
3. Shahrukh Khan and Aamir Khan were never seen together. However, the two were almost certain to be signed for Aamir’s cousin Mansoor Ali Khan’s film Josh. But Mansoor wanted Aamir to play Aishwarya’s love interest in Josh. But Aamir wanted to be Aish’s brother which was played by Shahrukh.
4. Shahrukh was excited to be Sridevi’s love interest in the film Army, so he agreed to do a cameo in the army that too with a moustache look.
Rakhi considers Gulzar like her mother
5. In Koyla, Shahrukh played the character of a dumb person. In fact, he had no dialogues in this film. But then the distributors did not understand the wordless presence of superstar Shahrukh after which some dialogues were inserted in the dream sequence with the producer-director Rakesh Roshan.
6. By the way, Shahrukh likes all his co-stars very much. But her most favorite co-star is Rakhi Gulzar who played her mother in the film Karan Arjun. Shahrukh sees Rakhi as his mother.
7. Shahrukh has played his own Shahrukh Khan character several times in films. He played his own character for the first time in Govinda’s film Achanak. Two years later, Shah Rukh himself made a cameo appearance in MF Hussain’s Gaja Gamini. In the year 1995, when Shahrukh’s friend journalist Samar Khan made a documentary on the actor’s life in which King Khan played his own role. After this, Shah Rukh once again played his own role in Zoya Akhtar’s Luck By Chance in 2009. Then Shahrukh again played a small role of himself in Sahil Sangha’s debut film Love Breakcaps Zindagi.